Sunday, December 23, 2007

October, November, December ~ Time Flies

This is a spectacular shot of the Corpus Christi bay taken from a distance. Off in the distance if you squint your eyes slightly, you can catch a glimpse of the long bridge that is both frightening and thrilling. October marks a quite successful month for me. I completed my Teacher Certificate and passed the Final Exam to be a certified teacher in the state of Texas. There was about two weeks of constant cramming and memorization of Bloom's Taxonomy and Professional Ethics for teachers, and lots of prayer. Beautiful and ironic that I took the test during the month of October, Our Lady of the Rosary.

I always feel that she's looking out for me. Sometimes, in my mind before I take an exam or embark on something, I softly say the prayers in my mind. Or I simply say something like "please Mary, pray for me." It gives me a great sense of security.

I have a large amount of thanksgiving to offer my God who constantly lifts me over the troubled waters.

October marks another special time, because Tony asked for my hand in marriage which has been a tearful and joyful occassion. This is it, in less than a year from now, Iwill leave my parents' home to become a wife and taste that bittersweet flavor of independence and freedom - directly into the care of Tony. All the details are set, the church reserved, community center, catering service, and music. The smaller details will begin in January or February. I have ordered my beautiful satin wedding gown with sparkling beads and sequins in silver. I keep dreaming of it, wearing it, and feeling that swirl of satin around my body.


I have been glued to the television in my spare time, watching all kinds of wedding shows, and getting ideas. At the same time, I am struggling to find the right marriage preparation book for Tony and me. Then, there are some trial and error practices that are effective. Then that old repetitive saying - Just Communicate. We've had soem wonderful moments together, moments when I want to cry, because the thought of how much joy I feel, fills my insides with warmth. You know what I'm talking about that "awwww" moment.

November passed so quickly, that I don't remember much of it except for the quick Thanksgiving break from work. And assessment tests and results being recorded into computer screens, so data can be analyzed into that state-mandated manner.


December is almost gone, and so is 2007. December has been a lot of parties and celebrations. It's also been soem time, when I grow closer to Christ again, just renewing my private relationship with him through scripture, study of his word, or just simple prayer or talkign to him, knowing that he's there, and that he cares, and he wants to ease every pain I have. I also trust in the Lord for teh patience He continues to bless me with for my stressful fulfilling meaningful career as a teacher. I have two weeks off from work, and I plan to enjoy it. I am going to continue the study for my research on quinceaneras, and study another topic of science vs. faith. I made good grades in my grad school courses, but there's always a greater achievement after these credits. Always that larger aspiration.

No comments: